Liquid formula rubbing compound designed for light to medium duty applications.
- Removes stains, medium oxidation and scratches.
- For fiberglass, metal and painted surfaces.
- Convenient liquid formula.
- Great for hand or buffer application.
- Does not set up like most rubbing compounds so removal is quick and easy.
- We recommend using Premium Marine Polish with PTEF (part# 85716) as the perfect follow up to maintain the restored finish.
Wash surface with Star brite Boat Wash to remove dirt and grime. Apply small amount of Star brite Liquid Rubbing Compound to surface with a clean, dry cloth. Rub in a circular, overlapping motion with firm pressure while compound is wet. Rotate application cloth frequently to prevent reapplication of removed oxidation. Let dry until a haze appears and then buff with another clean, dry cloth. Do a small area at a time to ensure uniform cleaning. Several applications may be necessary to totally restore finish. If using an electric buffer, be careful not to apply too much pressure which can burn surface. After original color and luster have been restored, it is recommended that the surface be sealed and shined with a Star brite polish.
NOTE: All rubbing compounds are abrasive and can scratch gelcoat, metal and Painted surfaces:
We suggest you first try Star brite Fiberglass Color Restorer & Sealer before using a rubbing compound. These products are much less abrasive and can usually restore moderately oxidized surfaces to a like new conition.